Shipping & Returns Policy
Standard Shipping Policies:
Premium cigars are perishable items, the faster they can be shipped from our climate-controlled humidor to yours, the better. Therefore, we have chosen UPS and DHL as our designated carriers. Delivery schedules are based on business days. In other words, unless special shipping instructions have been arranged, pickups and/or deliveries will not be made on weekends or holidays.
- Cigar Country does not sell products to anyone under the age of 21.
- Cigar Country only ships products to the United States of America (USA) and its territories, as well as within the Dominican Republic.
- Exact shipping charges and estimated delivery dates are shown on your shopping cart before checkout.
- Orders placed before 11am EST will ship the same day and orders placed after 11am EST will ship the next day. Cigar Country only ships on business days. Shipping delivery times are estimates and are not guaranteed unless otherwise noted. A special-order item will ship the moment it becomes available.
- Cigar Country does not sell to retailers outside the Caribbean, nor does it otherwise, sell or ship on a wholesale basis. All items sold by cigarcountry.com are intended for personal consumption by its customers.
- Taxes: Cigar Country is a Duty-Free operator in the Dominican Republic. We invoice tax and duty free. Remittance of any local duties and taxes on orders shipped is the responsibility of the purchaser. Since items sold by cigarcountry.com are intended for personal use by its customers, no duties should apply.
- Tracking your order: You will receive an email notification when your item has shipped with the date of shipment and a tracking/delivery confirmation number.
- Weather delays, mechanical delays, fraud verification, and age verification issues are beyond our control and could potentially delay orders.
- Estimated delivery shipper business days below do not include weekends, or holidays.
- We do no not ship to P. O. Boxes
Shipments within the Dominican Republic will be charged $9.99 for orders less than $150.00 and delivered NEXT DAY except to remote locations. FREE Shipping on orders $150.00 and over!
All orders within the USA and territories will ship via UPS or DHL International Mail. FREE Shipping on orders $150.00 and over!
- International Priority Mail: $29.99
Order value: $0.00 – $49.99 | Allow 2-3 business days for delivery*
- International Standard Mail: $19.99
Order value: $50.00 – $99.99 | Allow 3-5 business days for delivery*
- Economy: $9.99
Order value: $100.00 – $149.99 | Allow 3-5 business days for delivery*
Enjoy Free Shipping on orders over $150.00! | Allow 3-5 business days for delivery*
*Weekend delivery is not available in certain remote or rural locations.
*Delivery times are taken from the UPS and DHL websites and our experience. Neither service time is guaranteed.
*Add 1 or 2 business days for Hawaii, Alaska, and remote rural locations.
*Delivery times are taken from the shipper website and our personal experience. Add 1 or 2 business days for Hawaii, Alaska, and remote rural locations.
**Rates are subject to change without notice.
DHL or UPS business days do NOT include Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays.
Cigar Country requires a “shipping” address, which is not necessarily the same as the “billing” address. Upon registration, the shipping address is automatically defaulted to the billing address. You may add a separate shipping address thereafter. When a billing address is updated, its corresponding shipping address will be automatically updated as well. All other shipping addresses and preferences will remain unchanged.
IMPORTANT: First-Time Buyers must use the SAME Shipping & Billing Address. To help prevent fraud, new customers must wait a minimum of 14 days to place a second order to a different Shipping Address.
Additional Shipping Information
All shipments Freight on Board (FOB) La Romana, Dominican Republic. Risk of loss is on the Purchaser during transport and shipment. Title to, and ownership of all goods passes from Seller to the Purchaser in La Romana, Dominican Republic, and the Purchaser takes all responsibility for the shipment. By arranging for transportation of the goods, Seller is providing a service to, and acting on behalf of Purchaser. By utilizing this service from Seller, Purchaser is representing that he/she is acting in a fashion compliant with his/her local and state laws regarding the purchase, transportation, and delivery of the goods. The Purchaser represents that he/she is of lawful age and has obtained any required permission, paid any required fees, is working through properly licensed intermediaries where required, is legally entitled to take possession of the goods and is legally entitled to take quantities ordered.
After three unsuccessful delivery attempts, UPS will return your package to Cigar Country. All return freight charges will be passed on to the consumer.
Since 2000, we stand behind every product we sell. When you order from Cigar Country, you receive 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed! Keeping you happy is our number one priority. You may make a return for any reason, simply send it to us for a full refund, credit or replacement. Your return will be handled with courtesy and professionalism and the refund or replacement will be expedited quickly. We guarantee our cigars and other products up to 30 days from the shipping date. After that time period, returns will NOT be accepted.
We do our best to provide you perfect cigars in perfect condition as quickly as possible. Shipments are inspected and double checked by our warehouse staff for accuracy and quality. Should you experience any problems and before returning the item, please Contact Us to let us know what happened.
How the return policy works
Any item can be returned within 30 days of purchase for refund credit, or exchange (minus delivery charges). Simply send the item to us via UPS or insured parcel post. Affix this completed Returns Form to your package. Then post it with the carrier company of your choice. Make sure you provide us with some sort of tracking number for the shipment. We will notify you when the return has been received and processed.
Please fill in and use our return label. Click to download our Returns Form.
Return Policy Guidelines
- Cigars – by the box or bundle of 20 cigars or more, we allow a 1 used cigar allowance, but the remaining cigars must be returned in order to receive full merchandise credit, less shipping charges. For samplers and 5-packs, returns must be in new, unopened condition to receive full credit. This includes having cigars in their cellophane wrappers. Do not return any cut or smoked cigars. Full credit will be issued for returns in new, unopened condition.
- Customized Cigars – will be refunded when:
- You receive defective merchandise.
- Wrong item shipped due to our error.
- We made an error in customization.
- All other products – may be returned within 30 days upon receipt of your order for an exchange, credit or refund. Any merchandise returned, must be new and in the original packaging except for any damage or defects. Returns take up to 10-15 business days from receiving a return to process.
In the cases above, we will also pay the shipping on replacements.
Please Contact Us with your order number, the item you are returning, and the reason you are returning the merchandise. You may also call Customer Service at 1-809-550-3000 Daily 8:00AM to 6:00PM EST and speak to a Customer Service Representative.
You must obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization # (RMA#) from Cigar Country before sending package back.
Notice: No returns will be accepted without prior authorization.
Once you have obtained RMA#, please follow these simple guidelines to return your cigars:
- Please pack the cigars securely in a clean, odor-free carton suitable for shipping.
- Enclose your original invoice in the carton, if possible.
- Prominently display the RMA#, on the outside of the package. Please note you must use the Return Shipping Label.
- Make sure you provide us with some sort of tracking number for the shipment.